This recipe is so simple I thought about not sharing it.
I've made it quite a bit lately though and decided sometimes simple can be even better to share. I've tried to find as many simple quick meals as possible lately and ditch the complicated recipes that take forever. Less pots and pans, less time, you know the drill.
The salad is light and goes deliciously well with tomato soup.
Toasted Pine Nut & Arugula Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0
Keywords: side salad entree lunch vegetarian arugula pine nuts easy lunch
Ingredients (serves 1)
- Large handful of baby arugula
- One piece of bread (any type! I've used multigrain and sourdough and both are delicious)
- Scoop of pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
1. Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan over medium heat for 2-4 minutes or until fragrant and slightly brown. Turn heat off and set aside.
2. While the pine nuts are toasted, drizzle the bread with olive oil, salt pepper, and cut into 3 pieces and toast in a toaster oven until golden brown. Let cool and dice into 1 inch croutons.
3. Very lightly dress the arugula with a drizzle of olive oil and light sprinkle of salt. Use tongs to gently toss the arugula and add more olive oil as needed. You want to just get a hint of the olive oil evenly on the arugula and do not want extra oil at the bottom of the bowl.
4. Add the pine nuts, parmesan cheese, and croutons. Toss and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage