Army 10 Miler Recap


Wednesday, October 24 -


pre race pic!

I know it's been a little quiet here on DebaRooRoo and the last time I posted about running was week one of training for the Army 10 miler back in August. Well, the race was last weekend and I'm not quite sure were the time's gone and how it's passed so quickly.


The Cherry Blossom 10 miler was the first time I'd run 10 miles ever and the Army 10 miler presented a new challenge for me. Adam was my moral and physical support throughout all of our Cherry Blossom training runs together and he slowed down to run with me on race day. We have such different running paces (for the record he is way faster) and with one 10 miler under by belt, I wanted to train for this one completely on my own and run the race solo. He could train at his pace and I could build my confidence and discipline as a runner.

And guess what? I did it! I trained like never before (for me!) and finished the race. My overall race time was a little slower than I'd hoped for and I caught myself briefly sulking at the finish line. Adam was quick to give me the wake up call I needed though. I trained by myself. I finished the race by myself. That's really what mattered.


Post race!
Adam's dad ran too!
Army Jumpers before the race.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...