Quick and healthy! These veggie sprout sandwiches are a easy to assemble and customizable. Adam likes to put sliced chicken deli meat on his sandwich. It never hurts to have leftover veggies for sandwiches another day or for healthy snacks throughout the week.
Here's the cheese and veggie lineup: sharp white cheddar, hummus, sprouts, cucumbers and green peppers.
You've gotta pick a fresh hearty bread for this sandwich. Something nutty that compliments the sprouts and adds an extra dimension to the veggies. I bought fresh oatmeal bread from the deli counter and had them slice it right there for even less fuss at home.
It's a crunchy and satisfying sandwich .... don't you just want to take a bite?
Veggie Sprout Sandwiches
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 0
Keywords: vegetarian sandwich hummus sprouts white cheddar cheese
- Good Hummus (we like Cava Mezze's Traditional Hummus)
- Sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- Green peppers, thinly sliced
- Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Hearty bread (used oatmeal bread)
1. Lightly toast bread and spread a healthy serving of hummus on each piece and top with salt and pepper.
2. Layer the green peppers, sprouts, cucumbers, and cheese on once piece of toast and top with the other.
3. Cut in half and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage