Orange Strawberry Banana Smoothie


Sunday, July 1 -



It's definitely full blown summer here is VA. I'm outside for less than 5 minutes and break a sweat.

Running outside in the heat is a challenge. In about a month or so I'll officially start training for the Army 10 miler and I'm trying to increase my milage now and build a good endurance base. The heat forces me to wake up early and finish runs before 8:30 or 9:00 otherwise its unbearably hot outside.

Yesterday morning was a particularly hot day for a run and the sun was blazing. I promised myself a smoothie when I finished in order to motivate and keep running. The promise paid off - I ended up finishing about 5.3 miles and then made a killer smoothie when I got back.


This orange strawberry banana smoothie is delicious and refreshing.




Orange Strawberry Banana Smoothie

by Debbie Flores
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: breakfast snack smoothie orange juice yogurt banana

Ingredients (1 big or 2 medium smoothies)
  • 1 6 ounce vanilla yogurt (I use Stoneyfield)
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1.5 cups frozen whole strawberries
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • ice cubes (about 3-5, taste and add more if needed)
Instructions
1. Throw the yogurt, ice, orange juice, and banana in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add the strawberries and ice and blend until smooth (you might need to stir it a time or two).
3. Enjoy with a straw!
Powered by Recipage







4 comments:

Asiya said... [Reply to comment]

This is so refreshing!! I have a packet of frozen strawberries sitting in the freezer...now I just need to wait for my bananas to get nice and ripe!

CranberryJamFB said... [Reply to comment]

I never thought about that combination- strawberry, banana and orange, but it sounds really nice :) I would like to try that mix of flavors :)
 

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Hope you enjoy!!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Hope you like it!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...