Grillin' and Relaxin'


Tuesday, July 3 -



Guess who took today off from work? Me! It's been a relaxing day and refreshing to have a "weekend" in the middle of the week with today off and the 4th of July tomorrow.

This morning I let myself sleep in a little and hit the gym for a good workout. It was way to hot to run outside so I did 30 minutes of inclined walk on the treadmill. My hamstrings were burning and it felt good to loosen up my hip flexers. Usually my workouts end once I hit 30 minutes of cardio mark, but, since I'm trying to build up my workout routines I did lunges, squats, abs, push ups and triceps dips. My muscles are getting used to the strength exercises and there were definitely points were they visibly shook. Let's see how sore I am tomorrow!

My day got even better when Adam and I met a friend for lunch a Bayou Bakery! I had a pretty delicious veggie sandwich and you've gotta go and get their beignets (seriously, delicious!). After lunch it was napping and relaxing time before we got to grilling.

Chicken breasts + olive oil + tons of salt and pepper + McCormick's Montreal seasoning = one simple and easy dinner. For sides, grilled asparagus (only needs about 3-4 mins on the grill, EVVO, salt & pepper) with Eat, Live, Run's Spinach and Cheese Quinoa Casserole.



Hope you have an awesome, relaxing and safe 4th of July!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...