It's a challenge to make things Adam and I can both eat for lunch during the week. Either he has to eat a completely vegetarian dish or I have to get creative and find recipes I can throw meat into his half.
That's why I love this pasta salad. It's another one that's so easy to make half vegetarian and half meat. Well, that's not the only reason I love this pasta salad. It's delicious!
It's an extremely easy recipe to multitask and you can do all the prep while the water boils for the pasta.
Simply put on a large pot of water, mix the dressing, chop the veggies, and then dice the cheese and pepperoni. Then you can sit back and relax while the pasta cooks and all you have to do is throw everything together once it cools.
And it's that easy!
I usually buy less pepperoni than the recipe calls for so I could mix everything else together, divide the pasta salad in half, and then add the pepperoni to Adam's half.
Perfect Pepperoni Pasta Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Keywords: pasta pepperoni olives provolone
- 1 (1 lb) box tri-colored pasta
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onions
- 1/2 lb smoked provolone cheese, cubed (deli counter will slice this really thick for you to make it easy to cub)
- 1/2 lb pepperoni, cubed (deli counter will slice this really thick for you to make it easy to cub)
- 2.25 ounce can of sliced black olives
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup pompeian red wine vinegar (use this brand!)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta in salted water (usually cook for a minute less than instructions).
2. While pasta is boiling whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside to allow the sugar to completed dissolve.
3. Dice all the veggies and throw into a large bowl with the pepperoni and provolone cheese.
4. Mix in the cooled pasta and dressing (might need to re-whisk) and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Powered by Recipage