Life and Lunch Lately


Saturday, May 19 -



Remember me? Hey there!

I can be honest with you, right? I've taken a break from Debarooroo lately partially because life has been BUSY and partially because I haven't felt inspired. I love blogging, cooking, and photography but sometimes I just next to close my laptop screen, walk away, and refresh myself.

And I feel refreshed.

And life has been good. Today has been an incredibly relaxing day kicked off by brunch with family and a visit to CD Cellar.  Adam's new tunes and jams are playing on the record player and I'm blogging for the first time in a while.


Since we've spoke last I hit a big running milestone!

I trained for the Cherry Blossom 10 miler and successfully finished the race last April! The race was the first time I'd ever completed 10 miles straight.  It felt incredible to challenge myself to follow through to the end. My knees were really sore for a couple days after the race and I honestly thought ... great, I've done one 10 miler and I will never have to do one again!

Dad in law and hubby!!

Although I thought I'd never need to run a long race again I completely surprised myself in the weeks following the Cherry Blossom run. I found I missed the training regime and was sad not to have something to work towards and to keep me on track. I needed structure and training again and made myself commit to another challenge. I was fortunate to get into the Army 10 Miler before it sold out and race day here I come!

Now the food part.

We've made this Asian Orzo Salad many many many times lately because its so easy and we both enjoy it. Hope you do too!



Asian Orzo Salad

by Debbie Flores
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: dinner salad vegetarian orzo edamame easy lunch asian

Ingredients (7-10)
    Salad
    • 1 pound orzo (16 ounce package)
    • 1.5 cups shelled edamame
    • 1 cup water chestnuts, drained and chopped
    • 6 green onions, chopped
    • 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
    • 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
    Dressing
    • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
    • 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
    • 4 tablespoons soy sauce
    • 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
    • salt and pepper to taste

    Instructions
    1. Cook orzo according to instructions (I cook it about a minute less than the instructions).
    2. Put on a small pot of boiling water and cook the frozen edamame for about 2 minutes before setting aside to cool.
    3. While the water is boiling and the orzo and edamame cooks, whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
    4. Toast the almonds in a dry pan (about 2-3 minutes).
    5. Chop all the other ingredients and mix together with the cooled orzo, dressing, and almonds.
    6. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
    Powered by Recipage




    2 comments:

    Rebecca said... [Reply to comment]

    so glad your back and congrats on your 10 miler!!! 

    DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

    Thank you!! :)

    Post a Comment

    I love to hear from you!!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...