I Could Get Used to this View


Sunday, January 8 -



I spent the past couple of days in Chicago for work. We didn't have much time to explore the city since we worked all day and through the weekend. The one plus side of being stuck in the hotel all day? This INCREDIBLE view from our work room. The water was beautiful during the day and stunning when the sun set. I really really really wish I brought my SLR camera but was able to get a couple pictures of Chicago with my iPhone.


The room had a fireplace and all I wanted to do when dusk hit was kick my shoes off, relax, and drink a glass of wine while the city and water settled for the night.



We worked pretty late each night and were able to grab a late reservation one night at Osteria Via Stato, a cute and tasty Italian restaurant. They start you off with delicious bread and a mix of really good olive oil, balsamic vinegar with whole cloves of roasted garlic. The roasted garlic melts in your mouth and picks up great flavor from the balsamic vinegar and I pretty much ate the whole plate.

Our table split the Parmesan crusted onions for a starter and then I had the crispy polenta for my main meal. The crispy polenta was delicious and the first time I've had polenta prepared this way. It was somewhat similar to cornbread in texture and the outside was crisp and slightly caramelized. It was topped with extremely flavorful veggies and I would definitely recommend trying this dish if you ever find yourself at the restaurant.

Despite the beautiful view and great food I am really happy to be home and see the husband!







4 comments:

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

The skyline is stunning! You look so much like Marilyn in that pic;)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I dyed my hair!!

ellie said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, these are great pictures from your hotel window. I've had a wee nosy round your blog and it looks very interesting. I'll be back lol.

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

 Thank you so much! I'm so happy you stopped by and like the blog :) See you soon!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...