Run Baby Run


Monday, December 12 -


I'm now officially signed for my second race!

We joined the Cherry Blossom 10 miler group lottery with some friends and our group got in! Our group name is run baby run and that's just what I plan to do for next couple of months.

So ... I have never run 10 miles ... ever. Running the 5 mile Turkey Trot was a really big accomplishment and I'm incredibly nervous about running a 10 mile race. Partially because I don't really know where to start with the training and also because it's always been a challenge for me to keep running throughout the winter and in the cold. The race is April 1 and there is no time for slacking during the winter and early spring.

This week I plan to research training programs and hopefully that will calm my nerves. I am excited, however, to have a goal and something new to work towards. The wedding really motivated me to work out and eat healthy and I can definitely see how it's easy to settle into not working out now that its over.

Photo by Oh So Beautiful Paper




4 comments:

Rebecca said... [Reply to comment]

how exciting!!! that was one of my races for this year but due to some financial stuff i couldn't swing it!!

if you need any help writing a plan, let me know. I just wrote mine through next April!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so sorry the race didn't work out this year - that would have been awesome!! I might email you with some training q's!! I was thinking about picking up a basic running book .... any favs?

Katy @ HaveYouHurd said... [Reply to comment]

You will be fine Debbie!  I trained for a half marathon 2 years ago with Bates and Kaitie and I only had 3 months and I felt fine. You can do it! If you wanna know the program I used, let me know and I'll send you info on it!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Katy! That would be awesome .... I've found so many different programs online and I don't know where to start! I'm really excited about the race though!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...