Mixer Debut for an Impromptu Bread Lesson


Saturday, December 24 -




We received a kitchen aid mixer from family as a wedding present (thank you thank you!!) and I broke it out for the first time for a spur of the moment bread baking lesson with Annie. I'm already in love with it!!






It is SO easy to use! People always say how much they love theirs and I never understood it until I hit the power button and let the machine work its magic. They are incredibly easy to clean up and they mix dough evenly. And! This has nothing to do with performance at all .... but, they look so pretty in kitchens!!

As I've mentioned in previous posts Annie is unexpectedly home from Africa and it's been awesome to spend time with her and have her home for Christmas. I'm so proud of her for following her dreams but miss her and can't wait until she is living back in the States. She came over for breakfast (farmer's market egg sandwiches, wahoo!) and we decided to make some whole wheat cheddar cheese focaccia bread. 




The bread turned out well although it was a little unusual at first to eat whole wheat focaccia. The cheddar cheese balanced the nuttiness of the whole wheat out well and next time I'm going to absolutely load the bread with cheese. Not the healthiest choice but, man oh man, who doesn't love a warm cheesy bread? Especially since the top of the bread gets crusty with cheese.

I will post the recipe once I perfect it or have a good ingredient combo!!








2 comments:

Rebecca said... [Reply to comment]

i'm with you...i didnt understand the hype until i tried it out myself.

i havent made bread with yet but it's definitely on the list of things to try! cant wait to see your recipe.

hope you two had a very merry christmas!

Elisabeth said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Debbie-thanks for your comment on my blog...it's been a long time since I heard from you. The Kitchen- Aid mixer that you have, is the same as my daughter's...so awesome! She and I both use it all the time, for mixing cake mixes, and the best part is the dough hook mixer....totally incredible!
Love your wedding photos...superb and amazing shots!
Happy New Year!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...