Sweet Potato Lentil Soup (Crock Pot!)


Thursday, November 17 -




I love chop and drop meals. 


I've also recently discovered how much I love my crock pot. It takes chop and drop to a whole new level since you literally don't have to do a thing once you close the lid.

This crock pot lentil sweet potato soup couldn't have been easier and I had lunch for a week straight. No joke. I even froze some of the soup but this recipes makes tons and reheats well.


I did have a slight crock pot malfunction so it wasn't a complete walk away from the meal once I turned it on. The lentil soup is in the crock pot for 10 hours on low and somewhere around hour 5 the crock pot decided to shut off. Not really sure why since I programmed the crock pot? I just turned that baby back on and the soup didn't seem to mind.

Btw ...  lentils are delicious with rosemary! 









9 comments:

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

Great pics...looks yummy! chop, drop and roll. 

Molly Grasso said... [Reply to comment]

This looks so tasty!  It's been too long since I've had lentils - going to add this one to the list of "must try" - thanks for the recipe!

Jess O'Toole said... [Reply to comment]

Great photos! The soup is so hearty and autumnal. I'm a big fan of my crock pot too- recently made crock pot apple butter and it was so gooooood. :)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I go through lentil phases! Hope you enjoy :)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

 Thank you!! Crock pot apple butter sounds AMAZING!!

Katy @ HaveYouHurd said... [Reply to comment]

Your pics are gorgeous Debbie! Sorry I'm blowin up your comment sections haha...I'm catching up on your blog :)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I love it - it makes me happy!! Thanks so much Katy!

Diana said... [Reply to comment]

I just googled crockpot and lentils and this came up! <3

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

That's awesome!! :)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...