Sunday Check In


Sunday, November 13 -


It was so nice to have long weekend with Friday off of work!  You just need a break every once in a while. Our weekend was jam packed with good food, friends, and tons of cleaning!

On Thursday night we met some of Adam's business school friends at Rasika for dinner. I absolutely love Rasika and my favorite dish of all time is their Palak Chaat. It's really hard to describe and simply saying it is flash fried spinach doesn't a) do it justice and b) makes no sense until you try it! So seriously, if you are there ... order it as an appetizer. For my main meal I had Butternut Squash Kooto which was extremely good. 

Friday morning we cleaned, cleaned, cleaned the townhouse! We got rid of old clothes we never wear, dusted, and shredded tons of paper work. It's not too exciting to read about but it was incredible to clean things out and drop 6 garage bags of stuff off at Goodwill. I can never bring myself to just throw things out. If they are in good condition and just no longer work for us ... someone can use them that really needs them.

Friday night it was out to eat again! We met up with our friends Elle and Russ and this time headed to
La Strata in Del Ray. The restaurant is adorable and they make their pastas and mozzarella, yum!

And then on to Saturday! Our good friends Emily and Kevin are expecting their first baby and I spent the day at her baby shower. I meant to bring my camera but completely forgot and It was great to just relax, catch up with girlfriends, and spoil the momma to be. I can't wait to meet their little one!!

And now ..... last, but not least ... Sunday! I've really slacked with running lately and I told Adam I'd do a quick 2 miles with him. Guess what!! We ended up doing 5 miles!! We took random paths by the water in Old Town and somehow the time went by quickly. I definitely felt the run later in the day and realized I didn't eat enough post run. I turned into a super cranky lady and eating a quick dinner out helped with the mood and fatigue.

Somehow I got a second burst of energy after dinner and got strangely motivated to make some of our meals for the week. On the menu = chicken pot pie, more mini quiches for breakfast, spanish quinoa, easy cheesy chili chicken (I need to share this one!).

I hate taking pictures at night in doors ... please excuse the bad pic! Between putting all the food on the counter and turning around to grab my camera, Adam somehow snuck in and started sampling all the food! I guess that's a good sign? ;)





7 comments:

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

Is it weird that when I read easy cheesy chili it made me say easy breezy beautiful cover girl? great job with all the cooking!

Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) said... [Reply to comment]

Just hopped over from your comment on Daily Garnish!  I live in the DC area and love Rasika too.  One of the best restaurants in the city--at least, that's how I feel :)  So glad to meet another DC blogger! 

Haven't heard of that other restaurant. Definitely want to go there now!!  

Simply Life said... [Reply to comment]

Oh I think all that food looks great!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Hey Laura! So nice to meet another DC blogger and thanks for hopping over! I completely agree about Rasika, it's one of my favorites!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Love it! It totally does sound like that!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks! I love having the food during the week so I don't have to cook every day. 

Eingalls33 said... [Reply to comment]

yum!!!  Thanks for being at my shower and making it so special :)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...