Farmers' Market Loot


Saturday, November 5 -




Adam and I were out the door bright and early this morning for a quick 2.4 mile run. It felt great to get
moving and it was absolutely beautiful outside. Adam's training for the Hot Chocolate DC 15K and he was good sport about running with me since I completely lacked the motivation to work out.

We planned it so our run ended at the Old Town Farmers' Market. One the vendors we like had grass fed beef this weekend so naturally we had to go. Adam put a reminder on his Iphone so we wouldn't miss it! We stocked up on ground beef, steak, and as always bacon! Adam loves bacon and it is seriously the one thing that temps me to no longer be a vegetarian. Now I need to search recipes so I can cook the hubby some great beef meals.

A trip to the farmers' market wouldn't have been complete without fresh eggs ... they are so good. You might think I'm crazy but you can completely tell the difference and they are delicious. It's really hard to go back to the regular eggs at the store. 


We walked back from the farmers' market and hit Misha's for some coffee. It felt great to be out and about and I loved seeing other people doing the same. By the time we got home we were starving and I made fried egg and cheese sandwiches (Adam's with bacon of course!) and we devoured them before I could snap a picture.

Here's our farmers' market loot all together!


Tomorrow I plan on cooking up a storm so we can have food throughout the week and not need to cook each night. I'm finally getting the hang off multitasking in the kitchen and here's what's on the agenda to make tomorrow:
Chicken Noodle Soup
Eat Live Run's lentil sweet potato soup
Mini quiches (hello breakfast for the week!)
Well have to see how making three dishes in one morning goes ... wish me luck!





2 comments:

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

Good luck and that is quite a loot! Want to cook for me too?

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

YES!! Come to VA and stay with us!!! Seriously, I will cook! And tons of good bacon.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...