Lime Lovers Black Bean Quinoa


Sunday, October 30 -




 And .... I'm back in the kitchen!

I've already mentioned I didn't cook much leading up the wedding and certainly did not cook the week after the wedding. I wanted to relax, not think, not plan. Adam and I grabbed most meals out and it felt great to spend time together without a kitchen to clean up or a wedding detail to keep track of. Taking a
break in the kitchen was refreshing but then I eventually hit a point where I just want to get my hands dirty and make something. I wanted to eat something lighter and wanted to smell a meal cooking.

I am always amused by how things seem to come into balance in life. You take a break and then you want to come back.

Any who, I wanted to make something healthy that I could eat all weekend long. It's been a while since I've made a quinoa salad and I decided to play around with my usual Black Bean Quinoa recipe. For no other reason than I felt like mixing it up and vamping up the lime flavor.

The result? I love it! Who doesn't love more flavor?





Lime Lovers Black Bean Quinoa

by Debbie Flores
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Keywords: rice cooker black beans lime cilantro quinoa easy lunch

Ingredients (2-4 servings)
    Salad Ingredients
    • 1/3 cup quinoa
    • 1 cup vegetable stock (or chicken if you prefer)
    • 1 cup diced green pepper (or one medium green pepper)
    • 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
    • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
    • 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
    Dressing
    • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
    • 4 tablespoons of fresh lime juice (about 1 1/2 - 2 limes)
    • Zest of about 1 lime
    • 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
    • 4 tablespoons chopped scallions
    • 1 teaspoon of cumin
    • 1 teaspoon of coriander
    • kosher salt to taste
    • fresh ground pepper to taste
    Instructions
    Combine the vegetable stock and quinoa and cook according to directions. I always make my quinoa in the rice cooker and it's so easy!
    Whisk the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
    Let quinoa cool before combining with the jalapeno, cherry tomatoes, green peppers, black beans and dressing.
    Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 mins and enjoy!


    Powered by Recipage








    4 comments:

    Judy said... [Reply to comment]

    Looks yummy, love the bowl!

    DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

    The bowls were a wedding present!! I love them!

    Angie said... [Reply to comment]

    I just wanted to drop by and tell you I *LOVE* this recipe. I have made it several times already, always to rave reviews from the family. I love how versatile it is! I added some finely chopped (cooked) zucchini & corn today, along with some finely shredded carrot and a tiny bit of cucumber. Leftovers will be veg burritos with homemade tortillas tomorrow!!

    DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

    I am so glad you dropped by and this just made my day!! I so glad to hear your family likes it and it's versatile for you. I love recipes that I can switch up based on what I have. Enjoy!

    Post a Comment

    I love to hear from you!!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...