To Open or Not to Open?


Wednesday, July 27 -


We received our first wedding gift today!!

There have been several moments throughout the planning process where it hits me that we are getting married and I am overwhelmed with happy emotions. I felt like a bride for the first time when I bought my dress and cried on the way home I was so happy. This past weekend Adam and I picked out our wedding rings and it was incredible to do something that symbolizes us wanting to spend our lives together.

Now that we've received our first present and RSVPs, my newest realization that the planning is worth every second and this party is going to happen! The love and support of everyone is one incredible thing.


But now, a wedding etiquette question! From everything I've read, couples should open presents as soon as they receive them but wait until after the wedding to use them? What did you do?!





11 comments:

Cwbullets said... [Reply to comment]

Who can remember!! Pops

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Lol! I love the pics from mom and your wedding!! They are so sweet :).

Mindy Northrop said... [Reply to comment]

I definitely vote wait.  We opened our gifts at home with champagne the day after the wedding and it was fun.  We have video of it and it's a nice momento and a kick to watch.

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

That's a really fun idea to open the day after the wedding with champagne! We aren't going on a honeymoon right away so that could be fun to do!

Sarah Sullivan said... [Reply to comment]

Open now!! Its really fun to open a little something every day or two and much easier to keep up with thank you notes and mail them promptly. There will be more presents after the wedding when you come back from your honey moon to open with some champange. You will also remember each gift a little bit more if you open each one at its own time rather than tons of presents at once. It was also fun to display the wedding presents on our dining room table. Have fun!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

So true!! I really like the idea of sending thank yous right away and opening the presents will they come definitely will make them more memorable! When I send presents, I always like to know they got there! Btw - your baby bump is so cute! So exciting!

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

.....;)

Lisa said... [Reply to comment]

We opened them as they arrived but didn't use anything (including shower gifts!) until after we were married :-)  My grandmother said it was bad luck, but who knows!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I think that's what we are going to do! So much fun to get them at different times :)

Mary@One Perfect Bite said... [Reply to comment]

I'd wait. The reason that is custom is that should the wedding, for any reason, not take plac,e the gifts should be returned to the sender.  I love your blog and will be back as often as time permits. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

 So glad to have you follow the blog! That's a good point - heaven forbid anything happens!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...