Roasted Homegrown Squash


Wednesday, July 6 -



We had our engagement photo's last weekend! Check out our photographer's sneak peak.

Now onto food.

My parents are talented gardeners. They keep an impressive garden on the side of their house and grow flavorful vegetables and herbs. I realized when I started buying my own produce in college that not all vegetables are grown equally and supermarket produce can be pretty bland (tomatoes and eggplants in particular just aren't the same!).


Anyone know what kind of squash this is? I can't remember the name ... all I know is it's delicious and tastes even better since my parents picked it for me.


The colors are beautiful and I wanted to eat this without masking it in a dish.

Just some olive oil, salt and pepper, and a good roast (350 degrees for 20 minutes or so). I wish I could pass you a slice. The squash is tender, the edges slightly caramelized, and it's perfect for a summer night.







9 comments:

Cwbullets said... [Reply to comment]

Scalopped Squash

Courtney L. said... [Reply to comment]

There is just something special about eating food that you grow yourself (or that your parents grow!). ;) Such a wonderful feeling!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I knew you'd pull through for me!!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I agree - there is something so gratifying about it!

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

Love the shapes you cut...Looks delicious! Probably also tasted in scrambled eggs. Can you tell it is breakfast here?!

Emily said... [Reply to comment]

YUM, looks delicious!!!  I want some!

Cwbullets said... [Reply to comment]

The variety is called Flying Saucer!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I'll have to grab some for you next time I'm home!!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

 That would be delicious!!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...