Goal Setting Time


Sunday, June 19 -


Our wedding is 3 months and 3 weeks away! 

The to do list is a mile long, the weekends are filling up ... and I can't wait! I have my first dress fitting in a couple of weeks and I've been itching to try my wedding dress on again. I've had the worst luck finding wedding shoes so instead of hitting additional stores, I decided to order 5 pairs online (endless.com has free shipping on returns, how convenient is that?)! Two pairs are strong contenders for the big day and it's such a relief to cross something off the list.

Another big item on the to do list? Toning up those arms!

I've practiced yoga and run pretty regularly over the past year and on the whole, eat relatively healthy from day to day. But, to be completely honest, I do just enough cardio and like to call it a day. I have a hard time pushing myself to build on what I already can do. For example, I know it's extremely
important for women to lift weights and I've had the hardest time adding strength training to my workout routines. I used to lift really regularly and enjoyed the way it made me feel. Now it seems intimidating and I have a million mental barriers.

So I'm going to put myself out there and set a goal right here and now with you as my witness.

I'm going to do pushups at least 3 times a week until the wedding day. Hopefully these pushups break through the first layers of my mental barriers. The weight room will follow in due time.

Do you lift weights? How do you stick to your fitness goals??




5 comments:

Rebecca said... [Reply to comment]

i love strength training over cardio!

given my hour glass figure I think, strength training makes me look leaner!

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

Nice goal, it is fun to see progress with pushups. Yikes, I should do some too. What are your mental barriers to lifting weights?

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

It's really hard to figure out a routine and it's tiring! Lol - when you say it out loud it doesn't seem like a big deal ... But it's hard to start!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I need to do it more often for the same reason!

Simply Life said... [Reply to comment]

oh that's so exciting - I can't wait to hear more updates as time gets closer to the big day!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...