Baby Bella Balsamic Melt


Saturday, June 4 -



Let's talk mushrooms - I love them.  I love them raw on salads, in sauces and one of my favorite side dishes is sauteed mushrooms. Yum.

I have a problem when I buy them though. I usually only need half and the rest get pushed to the back of the fridge and end up as sad wilted mushrooms.

Dear mushrooms, I love you so much I won't let it happen to you this time. And that brings us to my baby bella balsamic melt. It's really simple and tastes pretty darn good if I say so myself.



Slice up some baby portabella mushrooms, toss them with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Let them sit for a couple minutes or so and toss the mushrooms on a foreman grill (or saute them) until they are tender and a deep rich color.

Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise over good bread before topping it with the mushrooms, feta cheese (provolone would be really tasty too), a little more salt and pepper, a tiny drizzle of balsamic vinegar, and spinach. Throw back on the grill until you have fabulous baby bella melt.








23 comments:

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

I want to eat that now!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Come to VA and I will make you one right now!!

Mallory Frazier Esperon said... [Reply to comment]

This sound fan-freakin-tastic!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks Mallory!!

Katrina said... [Reply to comment]

So tasty! Love the look of this.

Lin Ann said... [Reply to comment]

Love it! My kind of sandwich.

pinchofyum said... [Reply to comment]

Mmmm... this sandwich looks delicious!  I have a panini press so I'm kind of obsessed with sandwiches these days.  I'm going to have to give this a try!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Love love love panini sandwiches!! Hope you enjoy :)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you!!

Branappetit said... [Reply to comment]

yup. now I want this for lunch :)

Mindy Northrop said... [Reply to comment]

Your photos are beautiful.

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you so much Mindy!

Lizlewis27 said... [Reply to comment]

Yummy!! Balsamic vinegar + bella mushrooms is my FAV. I also like to put them in a port wine sauce :-9

Design WineandDine said... [Reply to comment]

I could talk mushrooms ALL DAY LONG! I love them too! Great picts & congrats on the Food Gawker thing!

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

making this tonight!

elisabeth@foodandthriftfinds said... [Reply to comment]

Love baby bella mushrooms, have it on hand most of the time...thanks for the tip for the super delicious panini!
Photos are awesome, they belong in a food magazine:DDD

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

 Thank you!! I am so excited :)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

 Its great to check back in with each others blogs! Thank you :).

Simply Life said... [Reply to comment]

oh wow! this looks incredible and straight from a restaurant!

Olga Berman said... [Reply to comment]

what a great idea! this looks like a perfect thing for me to try on my new panini maker. love mushrooms and feta.

Kim - Liv Life said... [Reply to comment]

Oh MY!!  I'm not much of a sandwich fan, but this one has my name all over it.  I simply can't get enough mushrooms, and everything about this one looks fantastic!  Well done!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks Kim!! :) :)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you :)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...