Calling All Cholula Lovers


Sunday, May 8 -





Welcome Cholula lovers, it's homemade salsa time!

I'm so happy I'm not the only one who loves Cholula. I needed to bring something to a get together a month or so ago and my sister, Annie, recommended her friend's homemade salsa recipe. One of the
main ingredients is Cholula and at the time, I had to ask her what it was! It's crazy to think I've missed out on this little bottle of goodness for so long.

This salsa is light and refreshing and you will never want to buy pre-made salsa again. Warning! It's addictive and will be eaten very quickly.





Cholula Lovers Salsa
Laura's recipe with slight modifications

Ingredients
1/2 small red onion, diced
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped

Sauce Ingredients
1/4 cup Cholula hot sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
2 teaspoon olive oil
4 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
1. Whisk the sauce ingredients together to combine (or make it in a jar!).
2. Pour over the remaining ingredients and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours (overnight is best!).





12 comments:

Courtney L. said... [Reply to comment]

I'm Cholula's biggest fan! :)

I really like the addition of black beans and corn. I'm thinking this salsa could really just be a meal in itself. I mean you have beans and veggies...that's a complete meal in my book!

Rebecca said... [Reply to comment]

you seriously have a ton of delicious, easy looking recipes!


besides your lime vinaigrette i havent gotten around to try any of the other ones i've been wanting to!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you!! SO excited you tried the lime vinaigrette! How'd it come out? I love love love easy recipes!

Designwineanddine said... [Reply to comment]

Beautiful! I will only eat homemade salsa! Can you believe I have never heard of this cholula you speak of! You know I must have it NOW!!!!!!!! YUMMMM!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Definitely counts as a meal!! Especially since I love eat it with a spoon, lol ;)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I am obsessed with Cholula now!! Hope you enjoy :) :)

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

I'm definitely going to try this one, it looks great. I love the first picture;) Yum. All your food makes me want to sit outside in the summertime.

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

It's really really tasty and addictive!! Let it sit over night .... comes out great! :) :)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

It's really really tasty and addictive!! Let it sit over night .... comes out great! :) :)

Simply Life said... [Reply to comment]

oh. my. gosh. this salsa looks incredible!

KP said... [Reply to comment]

This salsa is amazing! I had the luxury of trying some made by Debbie herself and it was hard to quit eating it! I will be making some asap!

Saraotters said... [Reply to comment]

I make this but just add a bottle of Italian dressing instead plus avocados, jalapenos, and bell pepper super yummy

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...