The Best DC Thing: Egg Sandwiches


Saturday, May 7 -



Anyone else obsessed with the Food Network? The Best Thing I Ever Ate is only one of the shows I get completly sucked into and could watch all day. Half the time I wonder if it's really the best thing they ever ate and the other half of the time I want to eat absolutely everything on the show. Each time I watch it I promise myself I will look up the places when I travel ... twenty bucks says I forget.


Fortunately, living in the DC area, I can grab delicious and quick ethic food, make reservations at a hip upscale restaurant, or visit a farmers market for fresh ingredients for a low key homemade dinner. It makes me wonder, what are the best random foods in DC?? So let's start with something I found that's simple and comforting.

The Best DC Thing: Egg Sandwiches



The best egg sandwich in the DC area goes to the egg sandwich at Northside Social in Clarendon. Northside Social is an authentic coffee and sandwich shop that uses local produce and meat and it's usually packed on the weekends.

They offer a couple different egg sandwich options and I always order the sausage and cheese sandwich (sans sausage!). They perfectly poach a Polyface Farms egg and top it with sharp cheddar cheese, seasoned frisee, and just the right amount of salt and pepper. It's served on a homemade buttery english muffin that makes the sandwich melt together.


The staff at Northside Social are very accommodating to special requests. Not only do I order my sandwich without sausage, I always ask for my egg cooked hard. Normally, the egg comes out slightly runny and if that's your thing, go for it! The fiance always gets bacon on his and he says it's fabulous.


Ever been to Northside? 




6 comments:

Judybruen said... [Reply to comment]

my lil sis took me there, oh wait! that is you. . . so very tasty! nice pic

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

:) Thanks!

Abbie Hayden said... [Reply to comment]

THAT's what I want to be eating right now! :D

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

It's so good!! I've gone two weekends in a row now ;)

Rebecca said... [Reply to comment]

didnt get a chance to go there but i love love love eggspectations in silver springs... i'll have to remember this place if i make it into the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler

Designwineanddine said... [Reply to comment]

Um...never been BUT clearly I must go! This looks fabulous...like something I want to run to my kitchen and try to replicate! YUMMMM!! 

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...