There's a Dress!!


Saturday, April 30 -


I bought a wedding dress!! 

The fiance reads my blog so no details here! I can't wait till the wedding and to share pictures with you all.


I tried on dresses at four different places and was shocked by the customer service at the bridal boutiques.  I tried Katherine's Bridal and my consultant seemed disinterested and I felt rushed through
the process. So I headed over to Hannelore's and expected much more from the appointment. I found some dresses I really liked and considered buying one until my bridal consultant completely ticked me off. This is how it went down (this was only one of her comments).
I wanted to try on veils and told her specifically what I was looking for and wanted. She brought something completely different! I tried it on to be a good sport and it was pretty but not my style. So I asked to try on a different veil and this was her response (no joke!):
"Oh, I see. You don't want to be a bride that stands out. You want to hide and fade away into the crowd."
What bride wants to do that?? No thank you ma'am and I most certainly will not be purchasing a dress to you.
I also checked out David's Bridal and the sales consultants were really nice and really helpful. They took the time to ask me about my preferences and they listed to what I wanted. I tried on a couple really pretty dressed but didn't find the one.

My last appointment was at I Do I Do and I had a really good feeling about the place. I worked with Jackie and she was relaxed, very helpful, and not an ounce pushy. I tried on several beautiful dresses and kept coming back to one in particular. I wish I could a snapshot of the moment I realized it was my dress. Tears welled up in my eyes and I can't wait to walk down the aisle.


Wedding Posts
Wedding! Wedding Dress? Ah!
Getting Jazzed up!
There's a Ring!!!


15 comments:

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) said... [Reply to comment]

I can't believe she said that to you! Horrific!

That reminds me of what happened yesterday when the salvation army came to take away some of our furniture. He starts pointing and asking "are we taking that?" "and that?" "what about that?" So my replies, "yes' 'yes' 'no, that's new"....he responds "OH!!! You're just giving away your OLD stuff, huh!!???" Um, well, yeah jerk.

Anyway- can't wait to see the final choice!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Isn't that crazy!! I can't believe the salvation army guy said that to you - man oh man, some people don't have tact! Can't wait to show pics of the dress!

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

That is crazy that he said that!!!!

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

SO thrilling and I am so happy for you, you are going to look stunning! That other lady was so crazy.

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Can't wait to show you!!!!!!!

Nicole St. John said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats on finding a dress! I cannot believe the girl at Hannelore's; what a horrible person. I got my dress there, but I heard it was very hit or miss with the sales people. I'm sure your family is so excited :)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks Nicole!! I know people who have got there dress there too and had a great experience! I was shocked and who says that?? LOL!

Simply Life said... [Reply to comment]

what a cute picture of the two of you! Oh I can't wait until we're allowed to know details! :)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you! Can't wait to spill all the details!

Suzanne C. said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, that's so rude! Glad you found one that you like thought!

Eingalls33 said... [Reply to comment]

YAY! Can't wait to see the dress, you will look incredible!!!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

So rude!! Thanks :)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I can't wait to show you!! I had SO much fun trying dresses on with you and you are such a great friend!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

Bridal consultants are just totally unbelievable sometimes! They need to go to sales seminars to avoid foot-in-mouth disease. :)


To make you feel better, here is my terrible bridal sales story:

First off, the selection of dresses was not impressive. What's worse was that they removed the tags from all the dresses so you wouldn't know the designer. They only allowed photos of "certain dresses," but it seemed to me that they allowed photos of all dresses except the one that I actually liked.


So, I'm in a dress that I am not crazy about. The consultant has me 'admiring' myself in the mirror, and this older lady comes out onto the floor. I think she was the owner.


Her: Are you going to wear a veil??

Me: (very decisively) Nope. I'm going to get a piece of hair jewelry instead.

Her: Oh, you HAVE to have a veil.

Me: Uh huh. And why's that?

Her: Well....let me just show you.


She proceeds to pull out this awful veil, jam it on my head, and fluff it out. I looked ridiculous, like I knew I would.


Her: There! You see how it makes your head look not-so-small in comparison to the rest of your body?

Me: ..................


And you know, thank god for that lady. I had know idea what a TEENY TINY PEA HEAD I had compared to my ENORMOUS ELEPHANT BODY until that moment. ;)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

So unbelievable!! You think they would be super nice to make the sale? That's is SO rude of your consultant and the other lady. What's up with trying to force veils brides don't want? And then they were jerks to you when u stuck to what you wanted! Man oh man ... That lady had no clue what she was talking about!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...