More Baby and Splendidly Splenda Free


Wednesday, April 6 -


Thank you for all your awesome comments and support for my new nephew!  My sister Judy and Reizo are both healthy and doing well. I can't wait to make a trip to Ann Arbor to meet the little munchkin! Ready for some more cuteness? I love pictures of babies in general and I'm one proud aunt.




All photos by Judy and Raj.

Now onto food. I started to question my use of Splenda and artificial sweeteners several months ago. They've always bothered me but I would put my concerns aside in order to skimp on some calories. I realized that using artificial sweetners is completely contradictory to my goal of eating whole and natural foods and I would rather skip sugar all together than use fake stuff.

So I had to make a change. I slowly started to order just soy milk in my coffee and skipped adding extra sweetner all together (btw, don't pay extra for soy at Starbucks!). At first I griped and got bored with my coffee and could feel myself reaching for those yellow packets. But now, I don't miss a bit of that extra sweetness and am relieved to eliminate something artificial from my diet. If I add sugar to my coffee now, or even drink some juices, it's too sweet.

          


8 comments:

Heather @ Where's the Beach said... [Reply to comment]

OMG what a doll!!! I almost never use real sugar anymore. I typically use stevia and find the pink packets (and blue and yellow) so chemically tasting now.

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks Heather! I want to just squeeze his cheeks!! LOL. I've heard good things about stevia and haven't tried it! I agree about the blue, pink, and yellow packets!

rooneycj said... [Reply to comment]

What about using agave nectar? Really good, and low glycemic.

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I saw agave nector in TJ's today and it spiked my curiosity!! I'm gonna have
to pick up some ... what do you usually use it in?

Courtney L. said... [Reply to comment]

AHH! Love the pictures - keep them coming, he's such a cutie! :)

So happy you've eliminated artificial sweeteners from your life!!

Heather (Where's the Beach) said... [Reply to comment]

I will say that not all stevias are created equal. For a plain or vanilla flavored - NuNaturals is my absolute favorite. Some can honestly taste sort of chemically....

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Good to know! Vanilla sounds great!

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

Hey, who is that super cute guy? ;) I love NOT using splenda and the new goal is to get off diet sodas. And that way I would only have a regular soda every once in awhile. That way it would be a treat and and a decision to have the calories, not just drink them like water.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...