Early Fall I made Mini Smoked Cheddar Quiches for the first time. They were an perfect way to use up ingredients and they held over and reheated really well the next day for a quick breakfast.
Needing to use up ingredients again, I slightly changed the recipe to make Mini White Cheddar and Chive Quiches and these quiches came out even better. And the best thing? They are really really really
easy to make and look fancy. They are perfect to make if you have friends in town for the weekend or if you feel like jazzing up a normal weekend.
I am using chives as often as possible now that I can open my kitchen window and clip them! They smell incredible when chopped and I wish you could hop into my kitchen and share the experience.
Mini White Cheddar and Chive Quiches
Ingredients, makes 12 mini quiches
Slightly less than 1 cup milk
1 1/4 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese (I might have used slightly more ;) hehe)
3/4 cup chopped chives
1 tablespoon butter
freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Heat butter in pan and saute chives for 3-5 minutes. You want to heat the chives through and release their flavor.
3. Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper (to taste) together before adding the cooled chives and stirring to combine. Make sure you get those pan drippings and that little bit of butter will give great flavor in the quiches.
4. Spray a 12 cupcake pan and divide the egg mixture between the 12 cups.
5. Top each with cheese (and bacon for those meat eaters!) and give a quick stir to combine.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are golden brown (the quiches will puff up quite a bit while cooking).
7. Remove from oven and lightly sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Let sit for 3-5 minutes before eating.
Notes: I used bacon for the fiance's share of quiches. For the whole recipe, I would recommend about 7-8 pieces of bacon.