Turn Greek Over Night


Saturday, March 26 -





I revisited an old blog post and remade the Greek Quinoa.  It was fun to look back at a beginning food post and see how much this blog has grown. I upgraded my camera, got engaged, and cooked and baked and cooked!

So back to becoming Greek.

This is a perfect make the night before dish. Letting the flavors sit overnight will turn this dish into a light and healthy Greek Quinoa salad. The flavors are still there if you eat it right away, but the difference in letting it sit overnight is worth the extra time. Bring it to a party, pack it for lunch, or just make it before a busy week so you have healthy options when you need to grab something.

The original recipe calls for chicken stock, so I substituted veggie stock and used fresh chives from my herb plant! I also threw some salt and pepper into the dressing to bump up the flavor. And extra feta of course ... why? because I love it!




5 comments:

Simply Life said... [Reply to comment]

Oh this is such a good idea with quinoa - I'm loving it!

Rebecca said... [Reply to comment]

oh my gosh...perfect timing!

i need a side dish for the meatloaf i am making ahead of time and I wanted something I could serve with it that was also made ahead. the fam's getting bored of my couscous salad!

can't wait to try it!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

No way! That makes me so happy to hear!! :) :) You will have to let me know how it goes!

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

This looks great! So fun to think of all the awesome things that have happened to you in less than a year. Your photographic style still jumps out in your other post, but wow, you definitely have a handle on your new camera;) Don't forget to save some of this for me too. haha

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Aww .. thanks Jude!! I can make you some when you come to town ;)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...