This Salad Had to Happen ...


Tuesday, March 22 -



I've had a southwestern salad on my mind. Ever since I mentioned it would go well with the refreshing lime dressing, I've been craving it.

So in the mix: spinach, corn, black beans, carrots, cucumbers, and some soy nuts. Little did I know that when I threw on the soy nuts for some extra protein, they would be the key ingredient to tie the salad together. They add fabulous crunch and taste fantastic with the lime.


Although this is the first bag I've purchased and bought them on a whim, they may have just earned a permanent spot in my kitchen. I bought them from Whole Foods and I'm thinking TJ's might carry something similar? A third cup of the little guys pack 12 grams of protein and the only two ingredients are soybeans and salt.


Ever tried them before? What do you throw on your salads to jazz them up?


7 comments:

Rebecca said... [Reply to comment]

soynuts are definitely addicting!!

haven't had them in a while though..

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

So addicting!! I have to grab my portion and close the bag!

Suzanne C. said... [Reply to comment]

Ooo, I may have to get some! I bring a salad for lunch almost everyday and I am always looking for new ingredients!

Fresh and Foodie said... [Reply to comment]

I really like soy nuts, but never added them to salads. Great idea. A healthy substitute for croutons. Definitely trying this -- thanks!

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

Hum a numa, these look yum-a. I love crunch in my salad and the added protein sounds great;)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Hope you like it! I had a it again today for lunch and helps wake the salad up!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks! Enjoy :)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...