Refreshing Lime Dressing


Sunday, March 20 -



Salads were on my mind with this beautiful spring weather. I usually crave something light and refreshing when it turns warm and a homemade citrus dressing seemed perfect for the weekend. I used Rachel Ray's simple lime dressing and increased the proportions for four limes so I could use it throughout the week.


Although I used up odds and ends from the fridge, this dressing would be great with southwest spin. Think corn, black beans, peppers, red onions, and cheese. But for now, it's carrots, green peppers, red onions, cucumbers, and grilled tofu.




Do you make your own dressings?! I rarely buy dressings at the store anymore and homemade dressings seem healthier with shorter ingredient lists. I'm sure there are some great healthy pre made dressings out there but I hate buying dressings that turn out to be no good! What are your favorites??


8 comments:

Rebecca said... [Reply to comment]

I'll definitely have to give this a whirl this summer.

I make my own dressing, it's a simple vinagrette.. 1 tbsp olive oil to 2 tbsp seasoned vinegar called Salata, you should be able to find it in an up-scale store as it's imported from Germany, some salt and pepper and your set!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

SImple dressings are the best! That sound delicious and I'm going to keep my eyes out for the vinegar!

Toni said... [Reply to comment]

I love this! I'm always looking for new dressings to spice up a salad! Thanks for sharing!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Of course! Hope you like it :) :) I love salads that have a little twist to them ... it makes it more exciting :)

Suzanne C. said... [Reply to comment]

Yum, so simple and refreshing, thanks for sharing!

Rebecca said... [Reply to comment]

so I made this dressing and added a balsamic vinaigrette to it since I had a similar dressing at a restaurant and oh my god.... FABULOUS!! try it!

hungrynative said... [Reply to comment]

Looks delicious! Can't wait to try it out!!!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you like it :)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...