Time to Recycle the Running Kicks


Tuesday, February 22 -


My running kicks have been good to me but it was time to move on. Although we've run over 450 miles together (would be cooler if I hadn't had them for awhile ;) hehe), I couldn't get past the holes that have appeared in our relationship.




Meet the new kicks. I went with the same exact shoe and was pleased to find an updated pink shoe for
sale (although you can't tell from the pics, the other ones are red). Hopefully they are up to the challenge and I can't wait to break them in.





I hate tossing old shoes in the trash. They are still functional even if worn down and don't deserve to just sit in a landfill.

In NOVA, you can recycle your shoes at several Pacer's Running Stores. I know the Old Town Alexandria and Arlington Stores have drop off bins. They are part of a program that sends shoes to Africa and you can just swing by and drop off shoes anytime.

Not in Nova? Check out your local running stores or the Nike Reuse a Shoe program or Runner's World Shoe Donation list.

Know of any other good places to recycle your shoes? 




3 comments:

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I get so excited about new running shoes! Glad I could share!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Hahahaha .. this gave me a good laugh! Totally want a dog though ....

Heather @ Where's the Beach said... [Reply to comment]

Yay on the new running shoes We have a running store here that will take used shoes. i have a sack full I need to take over there...

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...