Saturday Morning


Saturday, February 5 -


Saturday mornings, sigh. I vote we all sleep a little longer, brew some coffee, and make wonderful egg sandwiches. I'm staying in my pj's, putting my feet up, and enjoying this Saturday morning. The million zillion chores and errands can wait 30 minutes.

This picture has the finished egg sandwich in the foreground and a cup if coffee in a multicolored coffee mug in the background.  The top of the egg sandwich is falling off to the side showing the melted sharp cheddar cheese on top of the scrambled eggs.

Sharp cheddar cheese, TJ's whole wheat British muffins, and slowly scrambled eggs equals a great Saturday morning. 


Something I've Learned: Making Killer Scrambled Eggs 

I have weakness for well scrambled eggs. When done right, they can be so creamy and fabulous. I'm sure this can be achieved with an overly generous amount of butter, but I've found a way that doesn't use half a stick. Add a splash of milk to the beaten eggs, just a little butter to a warm (not hot, want little to no "sizzle" when the eggs hit the pan) pan, and let the eggs scramble slowly over low to medium heat. The end result is a batch of fabulous creamy scrambled eggs. It's really easy to do and it you take that extra time you can avoid hard or rubbery scrambled eggs.

If you're feeling extra adventurous, add some more butter to the eggs when they are almost finished and stir in for extra creaminess. Incredible.


6 comments:

Heather @ Where's the Beach said... [Reply to comment]

I am completely with you on sleeping in a bit, enjoying the morning, and putting off everything just a little bit longer.

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

It's so nice to do! :)

Courtney L. said... [Reply to comment]

Aaahhh - this is the perfect Saturday morning breakfast. I'm still feeling sick, so I'm being a total bum and relaxing this morning!

Hope you have a lovely day, Debbie! :)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

On their raisin ones! No way - I'm intrigued! Go get the stuff ;) hehehe Or better yet ... come visit and I will make you one!

rooneycj said... [Reply to comment]

That is one of my most FAVE breakfasts!! Throw in some tomato slices and avocado = perfection. Maybe a teensy bit of spinach, and then you are really shaking things up. ;-)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

That sounds great!! I love avocado and egg combinations! Yummm.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...