Quality Family Time and Lessons in Chocolate Coconut Bread


Sunday, February 20 -




I spent the day at my parents house and it was great to spend quality time with some of the family. It's been extremely hectic for my parents and Jamie with my Dad's recovery from his recent knee replacement and doctors appointments for my nephew Liam. It felt great to catch up with everyone and I brought a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch.




 



Jamie also taught me how to make her incredible chocolate coconut bread and her flax whole wheat bread. Both loaves are no knead breads and are baked in a dutch oven! I can't wait to try and recreate the bread on my own. I'm armed and ready to go with flour and yeast, but need to pick up some other essentials.

A glass of home brewed pumpkin beer seemed 
like a must to kick off the bread lessons.









Liam had a great time hanging out and playing 
with sprinkles and his Ipad. 




This sign couldn't be any more true.


Hope you had a great weekend and tomorrow off from work!






12 comments:

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

What a great post! Dad looks very bashful in his picture. All the food looks really great and the two pics of Liam (Ipad and sprinkles) are too cute. LOVE it.

Medeja said... [Reply to comment]

It looks really delicious and sounds good..chocolate coconut :) good combination

cwbullets said... [Reply to comment]

love it!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Aww thanks! Liam had a great time hanging ... he was pumping out some tunes on the piano!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks! It's such a great combination. I just had a piece toasted with butter - yum!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

:)

delimilli said... [Reply to comment]

That's a DELICIOUS looking bread. I love the crust. Breadmaking is certainly an art that I would love to learn some day. What a perfect treat to share with the ones we love. Thanks for sharing. :)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

The crust is amazing and the chocolate gets a little crispy on top ... it's wonderful! Of course :) Hope you have a great day!

Courtney L. said... [Reply to comment]

How precious is that picture of Liam playing with the sprinkles?! That is wonderful.

Chocolate Coconut Bread sounds fantastic - perhaps it reminds me of Almond Joys?! :)

Heather (Where's the Beach) said... [Reply to comment]

What a great way to spend the day!

Olga @ MangoTomato said... [Reply to comment]

The chocolate bread looks fantastic. I just got a 5.5 quart Le Creuset and have been told I can make bread in it! Who can resist chocolate chips?

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks! Can't wait to see what you make in yours!! The bread is sooooo easy this way and comes out great! :) Enjoy!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...