Pretty In Red


Tuesday, February 1 -


Meet the newest addition to my kitchen!!



I've been drooling over dutch ovens lately and trying to justify buying one for myself. The wait is
officially over as my parents and sister Jamie surprised me with a gorgeous red one! I feel it's going to open a new chapter in my learning to cook and the possibilities seem endless.

My mom also handed me this stack of vegetarian recipes she set aside.



The sweetness of having the recipes labeled with my name in cursive just made my day.

My mom had a way of doing incredibly sweet things for us (myself and six siblings) growing up that always reminded us we were loved. In the mornings, she would leave sweet notes decorated with hearts and smileys faces on the kitchen window sill and then at night she would warm her hands on her hot tea before giving us neck rubs. To this day she still finds ways to let us know how much she cares. I can't help but smile when I see my name labeled on the recipes and know she had a blast setting them aside for me.

As the years pass, I feel a deeper appreciation for all that she did for me and our family. She took care of seven children, survived terminal cancer, cared for my sick grandma for 11 years, and now is helping take care of my adorable nephew Liam. Life was and is not always easy, but she does everything with a smile and humility.

She is my example of love. I want to be everything to my kids, just like she has been for me.





5 comments:

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I am SO excited about the dutch oven!!! I love the cursive too, :) :).

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you!! She is a incredibly sweet lady :). I am SO excited about my dutch oven!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

You will def. see more of it on this blog ;) ;)

Lisa French said... [Reply to comment]

Such a sweet post!! I have a red dutch oven too--LOVE it! Have fun!

Simplylifeblog.com said... [Reply to comment]

welcome to your new addition!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...