A Little Touch of Tuscany in Soup


Monday, January 24 -



SO pretty, right?

After graduating college in 2007, a couple close girlfriends and I traveled to Europe for a month backpacking trip. It was incredible and somehow we managed to hit Spain, Prague, France, and Italy in just those couple of weeks. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, there is nothing like traveling carefree with your girlfriends. We ate, we laughed, we drank wine, and ... we ate some more! I meticulously recorded every detail, saved every ticket stub (thank you Eurorail), and filled my travel journal to the very last page. I wanted to have the journal forever and as convinced I'd read it 50 years from now.

When we arrived in Rome, the last city before flying home to the States, my bag with my journal and ALL my presents for family was snatched. After many, I mean many tears, I had to say bye to my journal and gifts for good. Sometimes things just don't go as planned.

That's ok though. I have pictures like these to take me back whenever I want a good smile. They are of a gorgeous castle converted into a vineyard right outside of Tuscany Italy. It was a peaceful spot where we could recharge for a couple of days, ride bikes around the mountains, and just take in the landscape.






Sigh. Such much fun to reminisce and having my nostalgia kick in big time, a warm homemade soup seemed like a must for dinner. I've been eying the Tuscan Chickpea Soup Judy raved about and it was time to finally give it a try. She was right, this soup rocks and has great flavor. I took her suggestions to add more salt and to serve it with triscuits (I used original). The earthy rosemary and garlic made my kitchen smell wonderful. Use good balsamic vinegar and Parmesan cheese (lots! yumm), they add robustness to the soup and worth every penny.

Make it, think of sunny travels, and smile.







2 comments:

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks Lynn!! I bawled my eyes out!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks Lynn!! I bawled my eyes out!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...