Sugar or Splenda? Still Debating ...


Tuesday, December 28 -


I'm torn. I use real sugar in everything except my coffee.

I'm not sure what the hang-up is about a scoop of sugar in my morning caffeine, but I always reach for those little yellow Splenda packets instead. I've done this for years and only a few times have I stopped and wondered if I should switch to real sugar completely.

The truth is that I am not really sure why I've stuck to Splenda in my coffee. Just an old habit? Do I want to save a couple calories? Maybe, but I don't count calories? Splenda tastes "sweeter" than sugar? Maybe? When I've used regular sugar it seems like I use more than just that one packet of Splenda and subconsciously think that's not a good thing?

I've heard Splenda is the most natural artificial sweeter and in the past hadn't really looked into it too much. Here's what I do know: it still has that little word artificial, is chemically altered, and it is not natural sugar. I am debating cutting it out all together despite my mental roadblocks (that means you too coke zero, well ... possibly soda all together!).

What do you use? 
Do artificial sweetners bother you??





7 comments:

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I've seen it in stores! I'll have to check it out!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I'll will definitely have to look into Stevia!!! Thank so much and good to know that I would need to carry it with me! I hate adding extra sugar to my day but don't want to fill it with artificial things either.

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks Amy!! I love diet coke and coke zero, it's going to be hard giving that one up but I might try it soon! Definitely won't be able to give up my coffee.

Paige W said... [Reply to comment]

Ideally, I'd cut out fake sugars completely. More realistically, I try to avoid. I weaned myself off of sugar in my coffee. My major downfall when it comes to sugar is diet soda. Thankfully, I don't drink them often!

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

I totally remember the 4 packets of splenda! Whenever I make bru, I always use sugar. Good point about the 15 calories ... might be worth it to be all natural.

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Same here ... it's more realistic for me to avoid fake sugars. Once in a whole those sodas just taste so good and I crave them occasionally.

iphonefooder said... [Reply to comment]

I agree with Stevia. It is great! It does not upset my stomach one bit and tastes really good. It is still extra sweet compared with real sugar so be careful.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...