Fall Banana Oatmeal


Friday, November 12 -


I have to admit I rarely make breakfast at home. I rush out the door in the mornings to get to work and I have getting ready for the day down to a science. I end up eating something quick at my desk or once in a while, grabbing a buttery biscuit from our cafeteria. When it comes to weekend, I would love to make a leisurely morning meal but hate when I don't use the ingredients for the rest of the week and it feels like a waste.

Oatmeal is easy to store and it's high time I made a hot breakfast (and have no excuse since I took the day off from work). After reading Judy's oatmeal breakfast the other day, I created a version with what I had on hand. This is packed with wholesome nutrition and smells sinfully like apple pie when cooking.


Fall Banana Oatmeal
Ingredients, Serves 2
   2/3 cup oatmeal
   1 1/3 cup vanilla soy milk
   2 ripe bananas, sliced
   1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
   3/4 to 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
   1/2 teaspoon sugar
   pinch of nutmeg
   1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions
   1. Combine all ingredients except walnuts in a medium sauce pan.
   2. Bring to a very gentle boil and then reduce to medium heat stirring frequently for
   8-10 minutes.
   3. Top with walnuts and enjoy!

Notes: This tastes like banana bread! If you like it a little sweeter, add more maple syrup or sugar.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...