The boyfriend has been out of town all week for work and nothing like a fresh batch of Banana Crumb Muffins to welcome him home! They are incredibly easy, the banana mixture is a star on it's own, and they smell ridiculously great while baking. I just might have eaten one before he flew back into town. I had to sample the batch, right?
Banana Crumb Muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 mashed bananas
3/4 cup sugar
1 lightly beaten egg
1/3 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup tightly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line muffin tray with paper muffin cups.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Beat wet ingredients in separate bowl
4. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and poor into muffin tins.
5. Combine crumble ingredients and cut in butter.
6. Top muffins with crumble and bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick in
the center comes out clean.
Notes: Loved the crumble top and and gonna make more of it next time. Here is the original recipe.