Let's solve that dilemma with Mini Smoked Cheddar Quiches. For those meat eaters (cough, cough ... the bf), it's Mini Smoked Cheddar and Bacon Quiches. Use up those extra eggs and enjoy a delicious little bundle of flavors. These hold well overnight and taste really good reheated the next day!
Mini Smoked Cheddar (and Bacon?) QuichesIngredients, Makes 12 mini quiches (6 veggie, 6 bacon)
3/4 cup chopped green onions
4 slices bacon
1 cup 2% milk
1 1/4 cup shredded smoked cheddar
1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cook bacon in one pan and saute green onions with butter, salt, and pepper
in another pan. Once cooled, crumble bacon in a bowl. The green onions should
be slightly caramelized and set aside to cool.
3. Combine caramelized green onions, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
Put half of mixture in separate bowl and combine with bacon.
4. Whisk together eggs, milk, and a little bit of salt and pepper.
5. Divide egg mixture into cups of a greased 12 cup muffin pan.
6. Top half egg muffins with a spoonful of the vegetarian mixture and half
with a spoonful of the bacon mixture.
7. Bake for 30 minutes and let cool for 2 minutes before eating.
Notes: The quiches puff up while baking. When cooling out of the oven, they will reduce to a smaller size. Although I changed it quite a bit, I used the Mini Mushroom-and-Sausage Quiches recipe as a guide.