You've Treated Me Well Red Cabbage.


Friday, September 24 -


I ended up making the Corn-Quinoa Salad for Two twice this week! It was so tasty that when I finished eating the first batch, I jumped back in the kitchen to try the "correct version" with lemon (accidentally made the first one with lime). Check out the recipe update at the end of my original post to see which citrus wont my vote!

Now what to do with the remaining red cabbage? The quinoa recipe didn't need much and I had quite a bit left over. After searching recipes, I knew I wanted to make something simple and gave a Sunny Anderson's Red Cabbage Slaw a try (my slightly modified recipe below).  

I am in love with the colors of this recipe.




Red Cabbage Slaw
Ingredients, Serves 6
   6 cups chopped red cabbage (1 inch chunks)
   1 cup grated carrots
   1 cup golden raisins
   1 cup diced red onion
   1 diced granny smith apple

Dressing
   1/4 extra virgin olive oil
   1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
   2 tablespoons sugar
   2 teaspoons celery seed
   1 teaspoon salt
   1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions
1. Whisk dressing together dressing in large bowl.
2. Toss in cabbage, carrots, raisins, red onion and apple in bowl and toss to coat with dressing.
3. Refrigerate covered for 2 hours.

Notes - I really liked the overall flavors and ingredient combos of this dish, however, the vinegar was slightly overbearing. I plan on playing with the dressing recipe next time (loved the celery seeds!).




6 comments:

Brownieville Girl said... [Reply to comment]

Beautiful salad Debbie - you are right about the colours!

Debbie B. said... [Reply to comment]

@Brownieville Girl Thank you! :) So nice to meet you!

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

I like the carrot pic;)

Debbie B. said... [Reply to comment]

@Judy Thanks :)

BakingWithoutABox said... [Reply to comment]

Gorgeous colors! I don't even like veggies and that looks yummy.

Debbie B. said... [Reply to comment]

@BakingWithoutABox Anything to make veggies more appealing ;) ;) Thanks!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...