Toasted Greek Ciabatta Sandwich.


Friday, September 17 -


The other day I desperately needed to replenish some food staples and it seemed like any old trip to the grocery store. That all changed when I spotted this loaf of ciabatta bread. I convinced myself I had to buy it and make it into delicious sandwiches. Remembering some left over feta tucked away in my fridge, I added a plump tomato and cucumber to my cart.

On days that I have evening yoga classes, I like to have something on the lighter side after work and it gave me the perfect opportunity to take advantage of my new ingredients. I'm pleased with how my Toasted Greek Ciabatta Sandwich turned out.  Ciabatta and Greek sandwich, you might become a regular in my apartment. 



Toasted Greek Ciabatta Sandwich
Ingredients, Serves 2
   4 slices ciabatta bread
   1 small tomato sliced
   1 small cucumber sliced
   1-2 tablespoons Greek feta vinaigrette (or how much you like!)
   feta cheese
   olive oil
   salt
   pepper 

Directions
   1. Drizzle a light coating of olive oil over sliced ciabatta, sprinkle with salt 
   and pepper, and crisp under broiler until a light golden brown.
   2. Layer cucumbers, tomatoes, feta, and vinaigrette on the warm bread to make 
   sandwiches. I layered the cucumbers first to avoid a soggy sandwich.

Side note for the day. Congrats to Liz on getting the job in Boston!!
 






2 comments:

A.B. said... [Reply to comment]

I can't look at your blog when I am hungry..it makes things worse!! ;-)

Debbie B. said... [Reply to comment]

@A.B.It's like grocery shopping while you're hungry! I always buy so much more!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...