Tailgating with Dip and Salsa.


Tuesday, September 7 -


Labor day weekend allowed for much needed time to organize my life and spend quality time with friends.  With tickets to the VT vs. Boise State football game, I took the opportunity to try my hand at a homemade seven layer bean dip and salsa.

The seven layer bean dip was a tad bland despite adding chives and cilantro.  I intended to jazz up the recipe even further with guacamole, but have to admit, I completely forget to add the extra layer!  The fresh tomato and black bean salsa turned out tasty and was refreshing outside in the heat.  To simplify the recipe, I used a 15 ounce can of black beans instead of the dried black beans.  Also, I am currently in love with the flavor of cherry tomatoes, so I substituted 2 pints for the vine-ripened tomatoes.  This salsa recipe is a keeper and is great for a large get together.  If making for a smaller crowd, the recipe is simple enough to cut in half.



If only my tailgating treats brought home the win for VT. C'est la vie.


 
 

Something New I'm Trying.

Well not completely new, but keeping in trend with not wasting food, lunch this week will be seven layer burritos topped with leftover salsa.



2 comments:

Heather (Where's the Beach) said... [Reply to comment]

Salsa looks great - I am totally with you on cherry tomatoes. I've found that layered dips can sometimes be bland if each layer isn't well-seasoned.

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks Heather! The layered dip definitely needed more seasoning and some extra flavor but hopefully will work well in a burrito.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...