Spending Time with the Drawing Pad.


Monday, September 20 -


I now own my very first drawing pad and completed my first beginners drawing class today. I've promised myself I'm going to try learn to draw and signed up for an eight week course. Despite a general art class freshman year of high school, I have no clue what I am doing.

Excitement and nerves easily crept up on me in anticipation for the start of class. I realized it's been a really long time since I was in a completely new situation or environment. I get used to routine and am very comfortable in familiarity. I'm always happy when I force myself to switch up my life no matter how much I resist change at the time. I'm willing to admit I might be really bad at drawing and you know what, that's ok with me. My ego might tempt me otherwise, but, I need to remind myself it's about the experience and trying something new.

To prepare for my first class, I made a much needed trip to the supply store. After meandering down several isles, I gave myself a good laugh realizing I didn't know what half the supplies were and where I needed to find them. Eagerly admitting to the store's employee I had no clue what I was looking for, I
was relieved when he was able to throw the last mystery items in my cart.

Much to my relief, the class went relatively well.  My drawings were nothing to write home about, but I had a good time.

 


On a side note, it was too beautiful to stay in the office all day and I found a bench outside for lunch. I must have been an amusing sight as a 25 year old professional with her nose stuck in Harry Potter, enjoying a delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and drinking chocolate soy milk from a carton. Isn't great how some things are fun at any age? I love those moments.




3 comments:

cwbullets said... [Reply to comment]

I would have loved to see you drink from a cartoon, or, for that matter, eat from a comic book! ;-)

Debbie B. said... [Reply to comment]

@cwbullets oops, can always count on you! ;)

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

Lunch sounds good, class as well:) I'm hooked on nutella and jelly sandwiches right now..Have a good day!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...