Soy Milk for All at Starbucks?


Friday, September 10 -


I've never been able to jump on the one glass of milk a day bandwagon.  Not sure why, but all in all, I just prefer soy milk. If milk is the only option, I might put it in my coffee or cereal and pretend it never happened.  It's not a vegetarian thing, I do eat cheese and yogurt, and would have a hard time going vegan.  When coffee joints have soy milk on the counter I get excited (coffee is another thing I could never give up, believe me, I've tried!).  Starbucks on the other hand charges an extra 50 cents for soy and it always irked me to chalk up the extra change.

One day before meeting a sister for lunch, I popped into a local Starbucks for a caffeine boost. The cashier politely asked if I ordered soy drinks often and proceeded to tell me about their rewards program where I could get soy milk for freeDespite ordering numerous soy drinks in the past, she was the first to point it out and it made my day.  After so many drinks, you receive free milk upgrades and flavor
shots, free refills on some things, and even a free drink on your birthday! All you have to do is put money on a reloadable Starbucks card, register it online, and then use it to purchase your drinks.

I still limit how often I allow myself to get Starbucks (my wallet thanks me), however, I can now order soy milk to my heart's delight.  One of my all time favorite drinks is an iced soy caramel macchiato.  The iced version is full of caramel drizzles and my indulgent treat to myself.  If I'm feeling extra adventurous, I just might ask for double caramel.

Seeing that its a beautiful Friday and I got to leave work early, I was due for a treat and grabbed a drink on the way home.   Hope this helps you save that little bit of cash too.

Enjoy and Happy Friday!






3 comments:

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks for sharing, I didn't know that and get all my drinks with soy. I do think that they are a bit stingy with their soy:( Finally, the give free wifi....

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

They don't really advertise it! Now you can take advantage :)

sweettaterblog.com said... [Reply to comment]

good to know!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...