Corn-Quinoa Salad for Two.


Sunday, September 19 -


I loving browsing recipes online and in magazines/cookbooks. Usually, I book mark or clip them and then never actually get around to making the dishes! I couldn't decide what I wanted for dinner tonight so it was time to tackle one saved recipe. I picked the Corn-Qiunoa Salad from July/August 2010 Vegetarian Times. I have to admit, the original recipe calls for fresh lemon juice and not thinking, I juiced a lime! Despite the mistake on the ingredient swap, the dressing came out fabulous and had a slightly tangy taste. I'm curious as to how the dish would have been with lemon and might make that version soon.

Cheers to another recipe worth keeping! A bigger cheers to my good friends and newlyweds Cassandra and Ricardo! Your wedding was amazing wedding this weekend and I'm incredibly happy for the both of you (and jealous of your honeymoon in Italy).
 
 


Corn-Quinoa Salad for Two
Ingredients, Serves 2
   1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
   3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
   1/2 pint halved cherry tomatoes
   1/2 cup chopped red cabbage
   1/2 cup diced cucumber

Dressing
   1/4 cup olive oil
   1 lime juiced
   1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
   1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
   1/2 teaspoon salt
   pinch of pepper

Directions
   1. Cook quinoa according to directions.
   2. Combine dressing ingredients in food processor and pulse to combine.
   3. Bring 2 cups of water to boil and cook frozen corn for 1 minute. Strain and
   shock with cold water to stop cooking.
   4. Combine the vegetables, cooled quinoa, and dressing in a bowl and stir.
   Enjoy at room temperature or chilled.

Recipe Update
This recipe is great with both a lemon or lime dressing and they produce slightly different end results. The lemon dressing is a little lighter and zestier (think fresh grilled tomatoes). The lime dressing is a little richer and tangier (think dark leafy greens and walnuts). While I really liked both versions, the lime gets my end vote!




4 comments:

Karen said... [Reply to comment]

I've not yet tried quinoa, but keep meaning to. This salad looks light and refreshing. Yum!

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

You go girl. I'm also jealous of the honeymoon in Italy. Guess where baby's first beach visit is going to be?

Debbie B. said... [Reply to comment]

@Karen I can't get enough of quinoa lately! It's so good for you and goes great in so many things. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Debbie B. said... [Reply to comment]

@JudyItaly?! Wanna take me as a nanny?

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...