Avocado "Bacon" Sandwich Please!


Thursday, September 2 -


This weekend I received a batch of beautiful home grown tomatoes. Fresh produce is such a treat and always packed with incredible flavor.  Craving the fresh combination of juicy tomatoes with buttery avocados, I made myself an avocado "bacon" sandwich.

Avocado "Bacon" Sandwich
Ingredients
   2 pieces whole wheat toast
   3 strips veggie bacon (I use MorningStar Farms)
   1/2 avocado
   1 small tomato
   1 slice mozzarella cheese
   kosher salt


Directions
   1. Cook bacon and slice avocado and tomato.
   2. Place avocado on toast and sprinkle with salt to taste (don't skip!).
   3. Layer rest of ingredients and enjoy.







Something I've Learned.

Avocados are wonderful and I don't want to waste one bit of their goodness.  To prevent browning and to keep the leftover avocado good, sprinkle the flesh with lemon juice, wrap it tight in tin foil, and store it in the fridge.  No harm done if you leave the pit in, some people recommend it.


2 comments:

JugiBuji said... [Reply to comment]

Hmmm....avocado and fake bacon sound way good right now:)

DebaRooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

It's really light tasting! Now I want to make it again! :)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...