Storing Fresh Chives


Monday, August 30 -


In a perfect world, I'd grow a gorgeous herb garden and have fresh greens at my finger tips.  Confined to my no balcony apartment, that's a big dream.  In my short time in the kitchen, I've quickly learned to appreciate the flavor of fresh herbs.  When a recipe calls for fresh herbs, I now make sure I buy fresh herbs.  The extra money is worth the impact on the dish.


Something I've learned.

Although chives are relatively cheap, it's disappointing to see them wilt after just a couple days.  In order to extend the chives' life, I wrapped them in a damp paper towel, sealed them up in a plastic bag, and stored them in my veggie drawer.  I'm pleased to announce that it is true, storing herbs this way does in fact prolong their shelf live.  A week and half later, they are still fresh and flavorful. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...