Exciting Week!!


Friday, July 30 -


Exciting News - check ----- Judy and Raj are preggers!!!  :) :)


Exciting New Spot - check ----- Adam found a delicious new smoothie spot in Clarendon, Red Mango.  We've been a quest to find a great new spot to replace our Pentagon City mall cart smoothie place that tragically closed.


Exciting Meal - check ----- Decided to cook this week and made Fannie Farmer's Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese. This is a complete indulgence.  Butter, Creme, the whole works.  You can check out my review of the recipe (RooRoo - my pic is posted too!) and explore my mishaps when I made it for the first time.  Determined to improve my dish, I spent a good deal of time googling good cheddar cheeses for mac and cheese. I came across Adam's Reserve from New York and people hailed it as a great melting cheese packed with flavor.  I will never go back! It gave the dish extra depth and the cheese melts incredibly well.  Yum Yum Yum.


Unfortunately, the meal also consisted of rather aggressive corn on the cob.  Never making it before, and rather than looking up simple instructions, I threw the corn and in boiling water, and well ... boiled the hell out of it. So how can corn be aggressive?  Well, I had the bright idea to pull a cob out of the pot and test a kernel to see if it was done.  As if I squeezed a hot water balloon, the kernel shot boiling hot water up and hit my nose!  That nasty little thing took a layer of skin off and I am blistering and scabbing. Choose your corn wisely.


























Something I've Learned. 

For those of you who like corn on the cob on the softer side, be my guest and boil away.  I like it crispy and realized afterward that I only needed to boil the corn for 8 minutes! Not the whopping 30 minutes I let those suckers cook.


1 comments:

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

Hahahaha, that is SO funny about the corn, that must have really hurt! The mac and cheese looks great, I am drooling. Want to bring me some? Cute first sentence;)

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...