Eat butter and tone up!


Wednesday, March 10 -


Ok, ok ... so I admit the relationship between butter and toning up doesn't scream out as a positive correlation, but, I had fun posting the blog title!

I decided last year to use only real butter on things.  At first I was apprehensive - real butter ... you know what they say (I feel like those high-fructose corn syrup commercials)!  Primarily, I wanted to make sure what I was putting my body was real and natural.  While it's good not to generously eat butter, it seems more intuitive to eat something made with real ingredients than the margarine with things I cannot pronounce.  I wasn't convinced though, the guilt of the fat and calories seemed to nag me here and there despite my quest to simplify my foods.  I caved and bought margarine after about only 2 months of using butter.  The margarine tasted like crap completely eliminating my guilt and I now I always opt for butter both for taste and peace of mind.  Compliments of AEB - I can butter in style :)



The butter saga really made me take a step back and look how I can simplify other things in my life.  I know I can't simplify everything and solve world problems, but I can take little steps and make sure I am conscious of the world I live in and the blessings I have.  I've tried to purchase more "natural" beauty products.  While a good amount aren't perfect, I found a couple that I really like and that don't break the bank completely.  I've tried a couple toners and really like Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Toner.   I'm amazed each night how much dirt comes off my face even after I've washed it!  What I like about it specifically?  It gets so much off and doesn't leave my skin stripped.  I can see an improvement in my skin and I definitely recommend it. :)


3 comments:

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

Cool! Is it made out of tomatoes?

A.B. said... [Reply to comment]

The butter dish looks great!

RooRoo said... [Reply to comment]

well thanks! tried to get a cool color in the background to show off its fabulous-nes!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...