Yummy Meal from my Childhood.


Wednesday, February 24 -


For some reason growing up, having cut-up hot dogs in random meals was so delicious.  They tasted fabulous in mac-and-cheese, beans, or wrapped biscuit blankets.  Although you knew they were there, it always seemed like a surprise and treat when you bit into them.

Going back to my childhood days, I unveil my veggie hot dogs and baked beans! Very easy to make and tastes great heated up for lunch.  Seeing that it's my main course, I usually get about 3-4 servings from the recipe.  I also like it spicy and sometimes add more hot sauce.

Soy Dogs and Baked Beans
Ingredients
   - 3 veggie soy hot dogs sliced into 1/8 inch round pieces
   - 1small onion
   - 1 15 ounce can of vegetarian baked beans
   -1 teaspoon Tabasco
   - 1 tablespoon olive oil
   - salt
   - pepper

Directions
1. Heat olive oil in a large saute pan (preferably with a lid). 
2. Once oil is smokey, saute the hot dogs for 3-5 minutes allowing all sides to brown and crisp up and then remove from pan.
3. Dice the onions and add a little more oil to the pan to saute for 5-7 minutes.
4. Add the soy hot dogs, salt and pepper to taste, and the Tabasco sauce to the onions.  Saute for an additional 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the baked beans, bring to a slight boil and then return to a covered simmer for 5 minutes.




1 comments:

Judy said... [Reply to comment]

Yummy! I just ate breakfast, but am ready for round two of this!!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...