For some reason growing up, having cut-up hot dogs in random meals was so delicious. They tasted fabulous in mac-and-cheese, beans, or wrapped biscuit blankets. Although you knew they were there, it always seemed like a surprise and treat when you bit into them.
Going back to my childhood days, I unveil my veggie hot dogs and baked beans! Very easy to make and tastes great heated up for lunch. Seeing that it's my main course, I usually get about 3-4 servings from the recipe. I also like it spicy and sometimes add more hot sauce.
Soy Dogs and Baked Beans
- 3 veggie soy hot dogs sliced into 1/8 inch round pieces
- 1small onion
- 1 15 ounce can of vegetarian baked beans
-1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Heat olive oil in a large saute pan (preferably with a lid).
2. Once oil is smokey, saute the hot dogs for 3-5 minutes allowing all sides to brown and crisp up and then remove from pan.
3. Dice the onions and add a little more oil to the pan to saute for 5-7 minutes.
4. Add the soy hot dogs, salt and pepper to taste, and the Tabasco sauce to the onions. Saute for an additional 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the baked beans, bring to a slight boil and then return to a covered simmer for 5 minutes.